HISTORY

In 1938 the company was established as an engineering works. The founder was Mr. S. Houben. From the beginning the company was located near to the harbour of Maasbracht (The Netherlands). The initial name of the company was “machinefabriek Sint Antonius”. The focus was on sheet metal and construction work.

In 1947, nine years after the company was founded, Sint Antonius received an order to manufacture a large number of watertanks. Since that moment the company more and more specialised in manufacturing vesselheads. The construction of good quality tanks was a real challenge. This challenge was recognised by the people of Sint Antonius and they took the opportunity with both hands.

In the years after, Sint Antonius specialised even more in manufacturing vesselheads and it became the main focus of the company. In 1994 the name of the company was changed in Antonius Vesselheads BV. The reason for this name change was that a major market for the company was the middle east region. So therefore a more international name was an appropriate choice.

In 1997 a big press for dished heads was installed. From then Antonius became more and more specialised in making very large diameters dished heads.
Due to the direct connection to the water, transportation of these very large sizes in one piece, are a competitive advantage.
In 2002 Antonius was acquired by a private investor. And until to today, Antonius has evaluated from production of standard heads to producing special products.

In 2017 Antonius will celebrate it’s 80 year existence !